View Single Post
      08-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
e90n1nja
Ninja stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E82 135i

New BMW owner questions

Hey everyone I have just purchased a 2007 BMW 335xi. I have finally made the decision to buy the car that I want and will make me happy everyday I drive it. It was a hard and long decision but I finally concluded that for my budget and overall want/need this car fit the criteria perfect. First of all I hate being a newbie but it's unavoidable. I have done quite a bit of research but I still have a couple simple questions that I think I know the answer to most them however would love to be 100% clear on what I think I know about my new car thus far.

All stock no mods

Questions

1. Is my car an E90? Given my username I created I hope that I didn't pick the wrong name(I know I can change it) and wrong forum.

2. I see on some aftermarket parts websites that it has listed next to the 335i as xDrive no xi. Is that my car? I thought xDrive was a newer feature not available on mine?

3. The motor? N54?

4. Do I have the exact same motor as the 335i of the same year? So technically if I am looking for engine parts(most likely aftermarket) its ok to buy parts for/off a 335i?

5. Is it best to take it to a BMW dealership for maintenance. I am pretty handy but I don't think handy enough to do major repairs, maintenance, and tuning.

6. Good websites for mods?

7. What are the best mods cost/looks/performance to do first or what would you all recommend?

Sorry for the novel, I will save any additional questions for later. Thanks for taking your time and reading this and thanks in advance for replying if you do!
Appreciate 0