View Single Post
      09-27-2021, 03:12 AM   #1
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

BMI for those who exercise

I see a handful of doctors besides my PCP; all of them have my BMI listed as obese(including my PCP).

According to their charts,at 5'7" 200lbs my BMI is 31. Even though the Dr's can clearly see I am anything but obese,they insist on documenting me as such which pisses me off. It's listed w a red flag on my info when they pull up my chart on the computer during an office visit/exam. It's listed in my patient portal. Memorial Healthcare,the network down here that some of the Dr's we visit regularly belong to, sends me pamphlets on obesity and how to overcome it,etc.

I receive regular pep-talk letters from our health insurance provider (Cigna) listing weight loss doctors,nutrition experts,links on how living an obese lifestyle is unhealthy,costs the healthcare industry billions,tips on how to lose weight and how to exercise.

Are you fucking kidding me? How is it that I'm obese yet have ab's? I always bitch to them how they really need to make a note in my chart,maybe an asterisk/side note that "patient is athletic and BMI is not accurate.
Nope. They won't do it. Have to adhere to their systems classification.

This happen to anyone else here? It's aggravating as hell.

Rant over
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50