Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-nj View Post
The navigation system was difficult to use and cumbersome in my opinion. To go into sport mode (they call it dynamic) you had to go through a few screens. Even to change the temperate the salesman was going through various screens.

Overall great car but for I need to lease for business purposes and their residuals are awful.
The only thing that annoys me about the nav is that if you're on the map when you turn the car off, it'll default back to the address entry screen when you restart the car. The actual navigation function is infinitely better than that of my 2010 iDrive(135i), which I found to be criminally bad. The rest of the system is a little slow compared to BMW of the same year but I got used to it.

The Audi Drive Select (dynamic, etc) is a button on my dashboard right above the temp dials. Maybe they changed it on newer models but mine is easy-peasy [See picture below].

Temp, even on the current model, is just a turn of the dial. Your sales guy sounds like he doesn't know his way around the car. No screens required [See picture below].

I don't know why the residuals are so terrible. They seem to hold their value quite well. Certainly better than the 135i that I came from (which had a pretty good residual).

Thanks for the info. The salesman was a total moron and I don't expect them to know everything but all he would say is it's all very simple just go through the screen and you will find it. He seemed to click through 5 menus in order to find anything. He also tried telling me the car had two turbos in it.
Appreciate 0