07-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
kspr030
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
you have a couple options, depends on how much you wanna spend and how low you wanna go. Springs are cheapest ($200-$350) but they are really bouncy and have a fixed ride height. Coilovers are the best option in my opinion but they are pricey. I think they're well worth the money. Improved handling, adjustable ride height, and many brands offer adjustable dampening so you can adjust how soft or firm the ride is. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to PM me. I have ST coilovers and I absolutely love them.
Thanks a lot.

So when getting springs, you need to decide size / how much you want to drop before purchasing as you cant adjust correct? So any recommendation on how to determine that? Obviously it needs to be lowered, but I love the way it drives now and want avoid rub. How do i find right balance and go from there?

Also any recommendation if this should be done at BMW dealer or rather not? I bet at dealer its more expensive but then again probably more reliable?

Lastly I always try to keep in mind carfax records and trade-in / resell value. So I don't want to customize too drastically. Unless its easy to change back to factory settings when time comes
Appreciate 0