View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #92
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

I'm running the Gold Master on an iPhone 4S and I couldn't make this work. My car was produced 3/11 with BMW Apps and it definitely has Combox, so I can't figure out what's up. I tried deleting and re-pairing my phone and all I could choose to enable were the Telephone and Audio functions. I went to the Options interface on the far right and made sure Office was checked (which apparently just means iDrive allows it at all, not necessarily for my specific phone), but going to Office > Messages only shows me destinations I've sent to my car from Google Maps. Clicking Update Office doesn't do anything, and my only filter options are "All", "E-mail" (which seems to be the Google Maps links), and "Service messages". I work in IT so I'm kind of frustrated (not to mention a tad embarrassed) that I can't figure this out; I assumed this function had been removed somewhere along the iOS 6 betas until I read above that someone's got it at least partially working on the GM. Any advice?

I'm just glad we can filter out email. I like the idea of being able to read text messages on iDrive, but I definitely DON'T want to be spending even more of my life staring at my email, LEAST of all when I'm in my car for the enjoyment of the drive.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 09-13-2012 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0