06-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
drunkenmagnum
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Read up on the BBB - their ratings are suspect.
This is true but some of the others seem MUCH worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Of course most people won't see their investment returned, otherwise these companies wouldn't be in business. Unless something catastrophic happens to your car such as a blown engine, turbo etc., it's unlikely the warranty will pay for itself. My warranty is through Fidelity and so far I've used it to replace a broken window regulator and some other parts. It saved me a $300 repair bill at the dealership but it's still less than what I payed for the 100k-mile coverage. Still no regrets as I own a first-year 135i and wanted a little extra peace of mind.
No offense to you, and I am glad it has worked out, but I read in Car and Driver that Fidelity is among the worst of them. Again, this only what I have discovered while doing my own research and don't know first hand. Also, you are absolutely right about the peace of mind, especially with any BMW (my wife owns a E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccandless View Post
With the warranty i have from Nationwide, if it expires and i haven't made a single claim, they will refund the entire cost of the warranty.
http://www.nationwideautowarranty.com/200000km.html
I need to look if Farmers has something like this. I know State Farm has/had something like this in the past. I don't think a lot of people realize that their insurance company offer this as an alternative.
Appreciate 0