View Single Post
      10-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

QUOTES FROM AUDI BEFORE HOCKENHEIM II

Mattias Ekström (36/S), Red Bull Audi RS 5 DTM #7 (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): “It was a great feeling to wake up as the winner on the morning after Zandvoort. I’d like to enjoy this moment again after the finale at Hockenheim. In second place, I had a good start of the season in May. Now I’d like to finish another place further at the front.”

Jamie Green (32/GB), Hoffmann Group Audi RS 5 DTM #21 (Audi Sport Team Rosberg): “The last race of the year is a special event for all of us with a unique atmosphere. I’ve won the finale twice before in my career. We’ve got a strong car and have got what it takes to win if everything perfectly fits together. As on any weekend, we’re going to give our best.”

Miguel Molina (25/E), Audi Sport Audi RS 5 DTM #8 (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): “The season opener in May was positive for our team, and so was the past race weekend – that’s why we’re tackling the finale on a positive note as well. I promise: we’re going to work hard in order to score a lot of points for Audi.”

Edoardo Mortara (27/I), Audi Sport Audi RS 5 DTM #15 (Audi Sport Team Abt): “The weekend at Zandvoort was turbulent and successful. That further stimulates our excitement about an impressive finale with a large crowd of fans.”

Nico Müller (22/CH), Audi Financial Services Audi RS 5 DTM #22 (Audi Sport Team Rosberg): “I’ve got special memories of Hockenheim because that’s where I contested my first DTM race in May. For me, it’s also a kind of home race which additionally pleases me. I’d like to continue the good qualifying performance from Zandvoort and convert it into a good race result at the end of the season.”

Mike Rockenfeller (30/D), Schaeffler Audi RS 5 DTM #1 (Audi Sport Team Phoenix): “Hockenheim marks the end of a season of which I obviously had completely different expectations. This doesn’t change my motivation in any way: I’d like to give everything again in the finale. I’ve long digested the frustration from Zandvoort where a victory would have been possible.”

Timo Scheider (35/D), AUTO TEST Audi RS 5 DTM #2 (Audi Sport Team Phoenix): “We all know: a good race, a good result or maybe even a victory makes life a lot more pleasant during the winter break. A podium position would already have been possible in the season opener. It shows us that our car is strong at Hockenheim. I’d like to show a strong weekend for Audi, for my team and for all the fans.”

Adrien Tambay (23/F), Playboy Audi RS 5 DTM #16 (Audi Sport Team Abt): “With the pole position and third place in the first race this was a bit of a dream start of the season for me. Consequently, I’m particularly eager to return to Hockenheim now after a long and exciting season.”

Dieter Gass (Head of DTM): “The victory at Zandvoort has given us additional tailwind for attacking again at Hockenheim. The title of the best manufacturer is our aim – we’re going to jointly battle for it. The pole position clinched by Adrien (Tambay) in the season opener at Hockenheim showed that our RS 5 DTM works well on this track.”

QUOTES FROM MERCEDES-BENZ BEFORE HOCKENHEIM II

Christian Vietoris (25, Germany, Original-Teile Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s already now the last race of the season in Hockenheim. I’m pleased that we’re still in contention for second place in the overall standings at the finale, despite a tough year. The track in Hockenheim has a bit of everything. You have to be hard on the brakes and have good traction, especially on the long runs. Generally speaking, you need a car that is well balanced in every respect at Hockenheim. As far as we’re concerned, the finale is about finishing the season with a decent result and continuing to learn as much as possible for next year.”

Pascal Wehrlein (19, Germany, gooix Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “My second DTM season is fast coming to a close in Hockenheim. It’s the finale and my 20th DTM race. It seems like only yesterday that I was lining up for the first time last year in my C-Coupé on the DTM grid at Hockenheim. I’ve learned a lot since then and have continued to improve. My aim this season was to consistently finish in the points and maybe achieve a podium or two. Of course, after having a tough start, I would never have thought that I’d do enough to secure my maiden win. I now intend to finish my second DTM season with another positive result in Hockenheim.”

Robert Wickens (25, Canada, FREE MAN’S WORLD Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s been a difficult year for Mercedes, but the second half of the season has gone pretty well for me, having scored points in the last three races. Hopefully, we can finish the season in the same way we’ve been doing in the last few rounds and continue to score points. We have a new car for Hockenheim and with a bit of luck, we can challenge for strong points and maybe a podium.”

Paul Di Resta (28, Scotland, DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “I’m looking forward to the last race. I definitely would like to go out on a high for the season finale. It’s been a tough year but I want to thank everyone in the team for their efforts. I look forward to good times ahead. In Hockenheim, we’ll do what we can in front of our home crowd to bring home a good result. After that, we’ll focus on next year.”

Daniel Juncadella (23, Spain, Petronas Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “Hockenheim is the perfect place for the DTM finale. It’s a home race for Mercedes-Benz and the atmosphere in the stands is always fantastic. I really like the track. When setting up the car, you have to find a compromise for the narrow Motodrom and the longer straights. As far as racing goes, I was pleased with my charge up the field in Zandvoort from P21 on the grid to eighth place. My goal this time is to qualify further up front and then finish the season in Hockenheim with a real sense of achievement, as I did last year.”

Gary Paffett (33, England, EURONICS Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “Obviously, I’m looking forward to Hockenheim. I hope that we’re going to be more competitive than we have been in the previous races. We’ve got some small updates on the car. The chances are that we’ll be a little bit faster, which is good. Hockenheim is a circuit I know very well. I’ve won there many times. So I have a lot of experience of driving there. I’m going there with a positive view and hoping that we can really challenge at the front of the field.”

Vitaly Petrov (30, Russia, DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s Hockenheim again already and the final race of my first season in the DTM. How time flies! However, it also means that, for the first time, I’ll be racing on a track where I’ve already completed a DTM race. I know there’s still room for improvement in all areas, but the last race in Zandvoort proved to me that we can fight for points. However, we need a decent quali to do that. Hopefully, we can have a satisfactory session this weekend. I’m keen to finish my first DTM season with a positive result.”

Toto Wolff, Mercedes-Benz Head of Motorsport:
“Hockenheim marks the culmination of a tough season for our team. After the season opener there, we promised to do everything in our power to improve our performance during the course of the year. So far, we’ve achieved that to some extent. We have not yet fully lived up to our expectations and are still not quite where we want to be, namely, in contention for race wins and the title. However, we have proved that our team can excel, especially when faced with difficult conditions, as this year in Oschersleben, at the Norisring and at the Lausitzring. We can build on that. The season finale at Hockenheim is our home race. Consequently, we want to put on an exciting race this weekend and produce a fine finish to the season for our many colleagues and fans in the stands. Immediately after that, though, we must devote ourselves completely to the new season.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-15-2014 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0