07-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
beemerlover321
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
I have a 2007 328ix.

I really like this system - but then, I was the product manager for it when it was in development. I'm prejudiced.

Right (but you will need a DLPK CAN interface and a BMW KI ribbon interface interface)

Ditto.

No flipping idea how that's supposed to happen. I don't see it on the web page either.

Most of those require the DLPK to function, and the RS definitely requires the BMW KI (or INT, I can't remember) on top of the DLPK.

So, the good news is that if the installer prepares and reads and researches, there is very little wiring involved, so there is little that can go wrong.

The bad news, if you call it that, is that the DLPK effects all these actions through the CAN bus. I've not heard of it having any issues, but that's the point of weakness.

The interface will also require a key pellet from a valet key for installation. You may want to buy an extra key (no remote required).

Oh, and I like the Clifford version better.
Will the Clifford version require the same extras you mentioned???? and i am trying to understand the tech language (google-ing it right now).... but could you please use cave man wording. and Great response. Thank you!!!