View Single Post
      08-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenk_man View Post
I'm looking at a few tire options for my E90 when I take it to the track. I've read a lot of reviews on the Hankook R-S3's and because I want to be able to use these on the street too, I'm not sure if I should go with the Ventus Evo K110's. I know I've got a heavier car, so I want to make sure I don't spend 1K and regret it.
The Hankook V12's (Ventus Evo K110) is not a track oriented tire at all. You should be looking at extreme summer tires only if you are looking for a track tire that you can drive on the street. If you tracked the V12's you would be giving up a lot of grip and wearing out the outer edge of your front tires very fast.

Does street driving for you mean "some street use on weekends and too and from events"? or does it mean "I will be daily driving and tracking on these"?

Are you looking to mount the tires onto your stock wheels, or are you going to get a dedicated set of wheels for them that allow for wider tires?

Tires and a set of dedicated track wheels can be more affordable then dual purpose tires when planned right.

Tires like the RS-3 are very fast, and very cheap, but if you use them a lot away from the track, you'll wear them out quickly, which gets expensive fast. It's even worse with much more expensive tires like AD08's. If you have a dedicated set of wheels you can keep the aggressive track wear on your performance tires. Your stock wheels would continue to run tires that get much higher wear out of them. By never tracking on them You can pay for a set of dedicated wheels that allow for wider rubber by your 3rd or 4th set of replacement rubber.
Appreciate 0