Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Great news everyone! The German company that sells the replacement LED modules has finally released the LCI radio trim modules yay! The link is now up for pre-order and they will ship out January 2022. I just ordered some, you need 2 of these if you're going to place an order (there's an LED module on each side of the radio trim).

I will finally be able to finish the ambient lighting switchover to blue/white (already have the door panels and footwells replaced).

https://www.benzinfabrik.com/de/bran...852&c=7432
Awesome! I got the door panel lights but haven't switched them out yet. For these radio trim ones, are they actually brighter than OEM or is it just purely an option to get different colors outside of the OEM ones?
They're much brighter than OEM while providing other color options. At least the door panel and footwell modules have proven to be. I'm sure the radio trim modules are brighter as well. This company's MO is offering brighter and better than OEM solutions. I have an LCI F32 that supposedly has brighter OEM ambient lighting than pre-LCI but it's still very dim. I bought blue/white modules from Benzinfabrik and I had to turn down the brightness after installing the aftermarket modules. Their products are awesome.

You should pick up 2 of the footwell modules while you're at it. The footwell in another color (or brighter OEM) looks great at night.
I think I'm pretty sold and will get the radio trim and footwell ones. I was gonna do the doors first and see but might as well!

Actually I started on the door but didn't give myself enough time, I ended up having to run to an appointment. I took the door off, had trouble pulling the ambient light module off, and gave up and just put the door back on. Was the ambient light module on really tight for yours? Did you just pull it off or did you have to pinch any connector to release it? I was afraid of breaking something by just yanking hard.
Appreciate 0