View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
verdespider
verdespider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Production Date is 10/10. iPod/USB integration is installed. I pulled the radio and it has the fiber optic connections on the back with one fiber optic cable going to the head unit.

BMW says there is no way for me to add bluetooth even after I show them the non-US retrofit kit #84 64 0 393 551 information. Apparently there is a change with my model year that won't allow it, but I can't get a decent explanation what the exact reason is. BMW tells me to simply order a new car with bluetooth.

After doing a bunch of research and pulling out the radio to check for the fiber optic connections, mObridge feels that their unit will work for me. I ordered the mObridge and will install it this week. The service manager at my dealer is coo and is going to code the car.

Insane that BMW will put a car on a lot without bluetooth in 2011 and no way to add it afterwards. Dealing with recharging ear pieces or a visor mounted unit makes the radio integration a must have for me and worth the cost of the mObridge. Fiscon never got back to me, so I wasn't sure if they have a solution for my car.
Appreciate 0