View Single Post
      12-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
verdespider
verdespider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Yes!

I bought the mObridge kit (Bluetooth only) and installed it myself, which was pretty easy. Mounted the box below the a/c controls and hooked up the fiber optics with little issue.
I spoke with automotive directly and they suggested a shop that was close to me and could program my car. The car just needed to think that it had the phone kit installed which they were able to do with the autologic computer. This is something the dealers can't do which is crazy.

Everything works pretty well & the dual mic (parrot) works very well and is hidden just above the rear view mirror. Functionality is just like stock, though the iPhone address book only will show the first number of a contact, not sure if this is different with the stock setup.

Waiting for an update that will make the phone button on the steering wheel to activate the iPhone voice command, but otherwise it's a sweet setup. I would have paid BMW the $800+ to install this, but they only allow Canadians to do that. Go figure...

Hope that helps you make a decision, I'm pretty happy with the setup. Can post pics if anyone is interested.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep have the fog lights switch back on when you restart the car. Putting them on in the rain, getting gas & the lights shutting off when you start the car again is nothing short of idiotic. Of course BMW has no solution to this as well. I got some safety excuse from one fool, laughed at him and left. Anyone have ideas? I am going to be calling Autologic next month...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0