View Single Post
      06-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #32
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoooh View Post
When I ordered I told them I had intended to lease. A month later I'm now approved for financing and the car is coming within the week.

I don't see how leasing makes any sense right now with the rates out there. If you put $0 down so in the lease you'd roll in the acquisition fee & doc fee (which for me would be a grand all together), the payments would be around $960 (I'm in OH so the monthly tax payment is based off of 6.5% in my area). Financing @ 2.69% for 72 months with say $0 down the payments would be $100 more. And in 3 yrs the balance of the finance would be $5k less than the residual on the lease. And we all know a 3 year old M in the 30 thousands is pretty easy to sell in the 40s I feel..

I don't plan on selling though.. It's an M. I definitely plan to keep it for at least 5 years. Perhaps until the next M3 comes out.
I'm crunching the numbers just like you. Remember the total expense over 3 years to finance is $3600 more than the lease cost, so you're only ahead $1400 over the lease? My big incentive to lease is the assurance that if the car gets smacked, a carfax accident depreciation doesn't hurt my resale value, I can just return to the dealer at lease end. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0