View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorum View Post
I'm thinking about getting a Procede and want to check on something with you guys before I seal the deal.

The DCT has a particular "hidden" feature that I've grown quite fond of:

Instead of using launch control to launch the car full blast, one can actually from a standstill slam the throttle (to the kickdown point) with all systems in normal mode (DCT in normal automatic D mode, sport mode off, DTC/DSC fully active) and the engine will rev to about 3000-4000 rpm before engaging the clutch swiftly but smoothly for a very nice controlled launch with minimal wheel spin. I believe you can in fact have the DCT in either D or S mode and the sport button on or off according to your preference, and this will still work.

I actually like this much better than the rather violent and conspicuous launch control feature, and I think it's a smart and creative use of the kickdown switch in combination with a DCT box!

So I was just wondering, since the Procede modifies the DCT shift logic in various ways, would this feature still work with the Procede?
There are a few different 'DIY' methods for alternative launching to the standard LC feature (which is crap IMO). I have one of my own that I have discovered..

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...launch+control

One thing that does concern me about your method though, especially when you add proceded/more power - do you have DTC traction/stability control on/off etc?
I would of thought that on any road that isn't smoother than a baby's arse cheek, it would cause them too interfere with the fun if turned on - especially when modded (something that the stock LC system fails on massively when modded, as you can't use it with everything off ).
Appreciate 0