View Single Post
      04-05-2024, 04:50 AM   #16
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmohan5072 View Post
Seats and cosmetics aside, if OP can't find a competition package in his budget, it is absolutely worth taking a base model and putting istep updates and GTS/CS flashes onto the car. For a low cost (free if you're able to scrape up the coding resources on this site) a lot of the jank on the base model is absolutely smoothed out and improved and thus the best parts of the competition are retained. Most of the rest of the comp package is just dress up

I'd just advise against touching the EDC coding with base dampers and sway bars. If OP can find a set of comp dampers and sway bars for cheap online, then sure, but otherwise stick with EPS DCT MDM and diff.
Suspension hardware = zcp dampers + zcp ASBs

I did not say, nor recommended, to use zcp, cs or gts edc. I said a lot of forum members have coded to cs/gts and flashed to cs/gts dct.

I’m unaware of any threads that discuss in technical detail, not speculation, the actual differences in base dampers and zcp/cs dampers (mechanical or electromechanical). Is your recommendation of advising against using zcp/cs edc coding based on actual knowledge of incompatibility between base and zcp/cs dampers or is it your opinion? Do you have base edc damper dyno curves, base edc damper dyno curves on zcp/cs coding, and zcp/cs edc damper dyno curves that shows the base edc dampers on zcp/cs coding results in some crazy unstable damping curves or the base can’t match/achieve zcp/cs LS, MS or HS, or a combo of LS, MS and HS, damping? A lot of base owners say they notice an improvement in ride quality when running cs edc coding on their base edc dampers - are they all wrong?

Also, converting a base to zcp likely will devalue the car, or at a minimum reduce the number of potential buyers, because they don’t want a piecemeal “zcp”, they want a real zcp.
Appreciate 0