View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
At the very least I like the direction Lexus is moving in, even if it takes them some time to compete across the entire range with BMW in terms of driving dynamics....A Lexus is a very pleasant place to be, but man they're boring. I drove an '06 GS300 fairly extensively and while enormously comfortable and competent, it was one of the most unwilling cars I've ever encountered. No desire to rev at all. It seems that they're intent on changing that, BMW should welcome the competition.
+1

Oh god the previous generation GS were total boats to drive. No character. No "soul" whatsoever.

For the past 4 or 5 years the only Lexus vehicle that I ever even considered was the ISF, but even then it was always 3rd on my mental list behind the M3 and C63 AMG (possibly 4th if we add in the Audi RS variants).

If the driving dynamics for this new IS are really as good as the previous report indicates, I might actually give it a test drive. The LFA-inspired cluster looks pretty cool I must admit.

Will I end up buying one? Probably not.

But, like you said, at least they're moving in the right direction. Maybe 5-10 years from now they'll have a true competitor to our benchmark 3 series/1 series.
Appreciate 0