View Single Post
      05-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #75
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

almost 2 years ago i was looking for a sporty 2 seater as a toy/project car. never liked the looks off the boxster and the carrera was out of my budget. i was faced with these 3 choices; e86 bmw z4m coupe, e89 bmw z4 35i, and porsche cayman s. drove each car and instantly felt which car had better or worse characteristics than the other.

cayman s felt awesome. very balanced and agile. inteior was alright but seats were dissapointing. i also still wasnt in love with the exterior and they were a bit common on city roads (but looks are opinionated)

z4m coupe was raw, and demanding. i felt very connected to this car and the design turned heads at every corner. interior was awesome, however the dash felt a bit cheap. seats were very nice and the dry carbon trim with leather stitching really looked sharp.

z435 was very smooth and comfortable. excellent interior and option list. however driving it after the z4m made it feel "numb". probably much more fitting as a daily driver, and left alot to be desired on a weekend spirited drive. the folding top is a really neat feature since you get the best of both worlds and dont have to deal with soft top maintanace.

i ended up choosing the z4m coupe because it was most fitting for ME. i loved the raw feel, sound and heavy hydrolic steering. the s54 is a work of art, and the curves and lines of the coupe were really striking to me. there really is no car better than the other, just depends what you are looking for and what you use it for. i do wish they reintroduced the z4m coupe however, and gave it a unique and individual motor, not just a tuned motor from a 3 series. make it a real "m"

MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0