09-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
$75k???!!! I would go for a used GT-R for that money. Now, I don't feel too bed live in California
Haha, we have hefty import taxes and custom duties here which makes the car expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
89 RON? I would never run gasoline in the 328i engine with such a low octane rating. You're talking a turbo engine with relatively high compression. The only way 89 RON would work is if you kept the revs super-low. At that point, you might as well have a diesel. The U.S. owners manual says minimum 89 AKI which is like 93-94 RON. 89 RON is about 84-85 AKI which we can't even get in the U.S. Well, not in California anyway.
Well, 93 RON is also easily available here but I just wanted to know what will happen in the worst case. Considering that I regularly fill 93 RON, how much drop in performance do you think I'll notice in the stock 0-100 figure of 6.1 secs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
Um, I dunno what "US" scene you're talking a out but the one I live in, petrol is almost always more expensive/gallon than diesel
Well if you compare the On-highway diesel prices in some states it is more than gasoline, for e.g. take Cali. The diesel is slightly expensive. Also, the 'scene' I was referring to was the availability of diesel in the US which is not as good as gasoline there.
Appreciate 0