View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 BMW 535 x-drive

Garage List
Do you guys ever get the itch (not sexual - it's about cars, I promise)?

I feel like there is something wrong with me. I own a nice 2011 BMW 535 x-drive that is still under warranty and is modded to my liking, with only 16,500 miles on it. It's comfortable, quick, reliable (so far) and I really do love it. It suits my needs living in the mid-Atlantic with its AWD and I have nothing negative to report. I keep her garage kept and I don't drive too much as I live in Washington, DC. When I do drive and I’m behind the wheel it just feels right.

Recently, I had some tax refund money to burn through and added some new rims (343M), grills (M5), tint (35%), and exhaust (F12 M6) because I felt a little bored and got the mod-itch. After a few months of research, planning, and modding, my car is was finally done and (I can't believe I'm typing this) but now I find myself looking at new cars every day!! I must have the new car itch!! I look at 550's, F80/82 M3's and M4's and even new M5's. I could afford a more expensive car, sure, but I’m happy right? I just said it above. I love my car. So, why the hell would I buy a new one?

Does anyone else go through this? I'm thinking about test driving an M5 this weekend. What the hell? Do I need a Xanax or something? This is compulsive.

If you do go through this, what's your story? What car do you have and what car do you want? If you've made the move and bought a new one, did you regret it?
Appreciate 0