View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
Every day. I've gone through 6 cars in the past 3 years, and even with the new (to me) Z4M, I'm still out there looking.

My desktop background is a blue screen with "DON'T LOOK AT CARS" in big block letters running across it, and even that hasn't helped. To be fair, when I open the web browser it covers it up....
My specialty are the explanations why I need it. Here I can admit honestly, that I have absolutely no use for the M4, it's actually quite useless in my situation. I can even own up to the fact that putting 80 grand in this thing will end up costing me big time, since apparently our tax laws back home have taken an other nose dive to communism.

Now, that said, I may as well add the fact that hell will freeze over before I let the rational part of me dictate this one. I've done all I can to support the family, I've invested every penny I make for the future, I never buy anything outside stocks, and the last good pair of socks I had gave up on me this morning.

The reason it took my husband 5 years to decide on his next car was simple. I didn't let him sell our old one, and as humiliating as it is to say, it was not for the driving excellence, it was the memories I had with that one. It's the same story with all of them, so it's a helluva fight to get me give up something I want to keep. If it was up to me, our front lawn would be on asphalt, and history would stay in my sight.

Now, the new stuff. I hardly ever want something, but from experience i know by now, that the things I do want, I better just buy, or it will cost me big time later. I'm so glad I rarely feel this way about anything expensive, I would have been broke a long time ago otherwise.

I know I'm pathetic, but hell I just give you guys hope by setting the standard really low.
Appreciate 0