United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
Hi guys
I have the exact same issue for month. It embarrass to sit in a fairly new BMW, that wont start. While coworker drove off So finally i have SES=P2400 code came up. Cleared it with torque app and haven't come back. Checked fuse and tried IBS connector solution but no help. Battery reading is good. That left out starter or the alternator? Are there anything else i haven't try , befor bring it to the stealer?
It's been a while, so how did you end up making out? What was the culprit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
Update:

Finally got some time to fix the car. Procedure is fairly easy. Remove the wheel, wheel well cover, the plastic cover under the carbon canister, and the canister itself. The pump is bolted to the canister. Be sure to unplug the plastic pipes from the canister first. They seem brittle.
Required tools: Set of Torx T bits. You will need 2 different ones. Like T30.

After pulling out the carbon canister, I noticed that it had some white residue blocking one of the outlets. Anyone know what it is? I cleaned it up so the canister could breathe.

I also noticed that my problem might have not been the pump, but the cable connecting to it.
The pump cable was rubbing the plastic that covers the canister area to the point where it rubbed the copper off. There was no connection at all. I fixed that and put something to prevent the plastic cover from rubbing anything else.
Sorry for the delay, but excellent write-up, man! It was super helpful for me when I finally got around to replacing my pump.

But stupid me, forgot that once I cleared my codes, I'd need to drive long enough for the ECU to reset and instead, drove straight to my neighbors shop for an inspection sticker (I was due for a new one in April). And so their software caught the recently cleared code and I got a rejection sticker. Better than nothing, especially if I get pulled over again. Non-issue, though, as once I get enough miles on the car, I'm going back for a re-test.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0