View Single Post
      03-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
The risk is no different than with a typical rental company. If you have a door ding on a luxury line vehicle, a franchise manager may file a claim the same way as a Turo host would.
So, I'd say go for it, get the appropriate insurance coverage (i.e. buy the Turo coverage if you'd like to leave your insurance out of it) and you'll be fine.
The good part is that you can book and then ask the host all of these questions ahead of time, read the reviews etc. and you'll get a feel how nitpicky they are with their cars.
In general, no, you don't need to clean the car before you bring it back. But don't bring it back covered in mud to the roof and mud on the dashboard and coffee spilled all over.
Normal wear and tear is OK.
So how does that work? If you book the car, and THEN get to ask the questions.....if it turns out they are super meticulous and basically want the car detailed before you return it, can you cancel the booking....or are you stuck with it at that point?
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0