United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Dinan if you have money!
Stock airbox + Mr.5 mod if you don't!

The rest is junk.
There's a difference between not running the correct intake to complement your mods and junk.

The AFE intake on my car complements my FBO capability.. and since there's really no evidence to quantify whether the **arguably** marginally higher IAT's are enough to negate the improvement in ease of airflow calling something junk is silly. Again, this is also not considering the improved cooling capabilites of an intercooled car, let alone an aftermarket intercooler and meth kits.

Also, at all speeds, above traffic or dead motionless on a dyno there's air being directed into the engine bay. In my mind this diminishes the amount of time the car is sucking in hot air.. and the effects of this heated air is up for debate on our platform.

I KNOW there is a difference in performance on my car when going from a stock box with drop in to a DCI with FBO's. I believe there are still gains with anything above stock boost levels. There are dyno's demonstrating gains.. their accuracy I cannot comment upon, but nonetheless.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0