View Single Post
      01-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #43
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

The render seems too close to the current F10 to be believed... Like an F10 with an F30 nose on it. Granted the F10 is the best selling 5 to date, so they may go light on revisions. I personally think the F10 is the best looking 5 to date, and one of the all time best looking BMWs period.

If you're waiting for the G30 M5, it'll still be a year or two after this platform launches if BMW holds true to their M release schedules. So you're talking potentially 4 or more years away.

As for the 3 banger, I'm not a fan. Power is one thing... They're squeezing more power out of less cylinders... fine. But these 3 and 4 banger engines have nowhere near the silky smooth delivery of the 6 and 8 engines. They're rough around the edges and more punchy than smooth in delivery. It's starting to sound like there's a snow blower under the hood. On cars that cost $60k+ once decently optioned, this just doesn't do it for me. I'll stick with my turbo V8, pay a few more bucks for gas, but drive an ACTUAL "ultimate driving machine" versus something that feels like it had the fun squeezed out of it after undergoing surgery by the US congress!
Appreciate 0