View Single Post
      10-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBlue View Post
I've been searching the Internet for any information regarding the new Voice Activation features in the 2010 iDrive, and there's not much out there. Technic, you seem to have some insider info.

You said that MY 2010 cars have the new features, but I can confirm that my 2 week old 2010 328i sedan does *NOT* have the new voice activation features. The features are described in the 2010 owner's manual, but they just simply aren't in my car. From what I can tell, the car has the 2009.2 software version.

Do you know if I'll be eligible for a free upgrade to the 2010 software since I have a 2010 MY car? Are you really sure it's out? My dealer asked the technician about it and all they knew was that there might be some upgrades available in the future.

I actually did know about these features before purchasing the car and I was really hoping to have them. Thanks for the help.
What I know is what I read in the forums and what my local dealer tells me when I bother them...

What's the production date of your 328i (it is posted in the driver's doorjam label)? There is at least one MY2010 E90 M3 in the M3post.com forum with the new iDrive Voice Activation feature; I specifically asked that question and the owner confirmed it.

The only thing that I can think of is that your 328i is an extremely early 09/09 production with an '09 iDrive software leftover. Which definitely is a bad/good news situation: it is bad news for you for awhile until a software update correct that mistake (it is a mistake -no doubt about it- as it is posted in your owners manual as the new Voice Activation), and it is good news for everybody with a 2009 iDrive as definitely a software update should be coming to correct this particular issue.
Appreciate 0