12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
I'm not complaining about the 3er coupe being a 4er coupe etc...it's all about core values and its mission statement. Every company base their direction in R&D on their mission statement and BMW clearly is not abiding by the "ultimate driving machine" moniker. That's all I'm complaining about. BMW is becoming the new German "premium" GM...too big to fail...too complacent to do wrong. We all see where GM ended up...competition is stiff so now we have Cadillacs building more fun cars than BMW.

It's good that they're profitable and appealing to the masses but if a company gets too complacent then those profits will take a dive sooner or later. BMW is resting on its laurels and the majority of people in the US and China, it's biggest two markets, buy them just because it's a BMW but if word gets out that another manufacturer builds more exciting cars then let's see how the market looks then.
That's a false premise to begin with. You see a review by a magazine into which GM pours advertising money that says the ATS is a better car than a 3, and you say it like it's Gospel. BMW is profitable because they continually innovate and incorporate technology, which has ALWAYS been their mission. So now they expand their model line into niches, and you say they're alienating their core? Why is that? Do you have to own one of every model they have? Truth be told, BMW sells performance at a discount to the super high line brands, and much better than price competitors. They're profitable BECAUSE they do this. If an ATS is better than a 335i, you prove out. If you think a 5GT is fugly, I concur. Horses for courses. Resting on their laurels? That's a joke.
Appreciate 0