08-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
I think you got it right. Not hatin' on the GTI- it is a great little car for the $- actually came pretty close to buying one (twice), but 128 with sport package and manual is more refined and more fun. Clutch, and gearbox are no comparison and you can't wag the tail with the throttle with a FWD car. As for snow- either way (FWD or RWD) winter tires are not optional IMO- get them on and you should be totally fine and be able to have way more fun then too...good luck. Also should be more reliable (no issues here) and you don't have to worry about maint. for the first 4/50 of course. Oh, as for 328ci- it is more elegant, but its: heavier, less agile, more common, and significantly more $ for not much more than looks and 1" of rear leg room. I prefer the intimacy of the 1's interior.
^^^ Spot on. I agree w/your comparo w/the 328ic too. I also prefer the 1 series interior to the 3 series interior.

Boy oh boy, that GTI is still talking to me too, though. Aargh!

Decisions, decisions! I believe my waiting until next year will allow me to stew over this some more, too - lol...

Cheers,

BB
Appreciate 0