Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
^^^ All great posts and great feedback. I will take it all into consideration. I'm impressed that several of you like the GTI.

Considering all of the posts thus far, I'm leaning toward a 128i w/M sport pkg, with the Audi A3 & the GTI following close behind. I suppose I am a little brand loyal. I sort of want a Bimmer, but the Audi/GTI are impressive, especially given their lower price point, and their FWD benefits in snow.

I will drop my price point to less than $40k, so the 135i will lose out.

The C30 is out.

I will wait until Feb. 2012 to order a car to my specs. This will be the first car that I will order spec'd out the way i want it... This will be fun!

Thanks all for your valuable input.

Cheers,

BB
I agree with the above about forgetting the 328ci. The only valid reason to get one would be if you really can't stand the looks of the 128i. The 128i will almost certainly be more fun because it weighs less (and has a shorter wheel base?).

If you are waiting until early 2012, definitely give some consideration to the Golf R. It should be out in early 2012 if all goes to plan:

It is supposed to be much better and more balanced than the previous R32 model.

You could also get a Subaru WRX Sti (even a regular WRX) for under $40 if you want a really sporty DD. It wouldn't be as upscale, but very fun.

Another interesting possibility would be the 2012 Ford Focus ST, but it probably won't be out until mid-2012.

... and if you want to go a bit lower-class, the Mazdaspeed3 is always a fun, FWD pocket rocket.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0