Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
Thanks again guys. I'll be doing any post processing on an imac 24" with 1tb drive. I have a MBA as well, but won't be using that for anything regarding photography other than to view pictures here and there, although with the ssd it may be better suited.

I have photoshop/final cut/aperture as well. Interesting comment about the old pro body vs new pro-sumer, anyone want to chime in on that?
SSD will have no major impact on image processing. How much computing power you'll need is dependent on how serious you get about your image quality. If you start shooting in RAW and start generating 20-30MB files, then you'll want to operate in a 64-bit OS environment and get a better monitor (iMac apparently doesn't show a true RGB image, from what I've read), but all of this is probably further down the road, if ever. You're well equipped to get pretty darn serious about photography without any major computer upgrades.

I'm a believer in buying the latest generation of sensors. I'm a Canon user and don't want the larger, clunkier pro bodies. I've got my money invested in top quality glass. The cameras that you're discussing will give best results with the best glass that you can afford.

Dave