View Single Post
      04-24-2023, 01:03 PM   #82
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLomi View Post
It’s just intended to keep the nut from backing out. You just bend one tab so it contacts one face of the nut.

I personally didn’t bother with it, as I may be making more alignment adjustments as I dial things in.

One thing I’ll add: I got these because I need to meet classing rules for the SCCA. You can either have camber plates and bushings OR adjustable arms. If you don’t have this restriction I would recommend getting adjustable arms instead of these bushings. A little pricier, but probably a better solution in the long run.
Bit worried the adjustable arms will cause the dreaded Front Axle Pop Out disaster demonstrated by Bryan over at Kies Motorsport, where he famously attempted to use the M3 arms on an X-Drive car and ended up destroying two front axles. Pretty decent of Bryan to share his experience to prevent others from making the same mistake. Not sure if adjustables would cause the same issue or if there are adjustables for X-Drive.

X-Drive - A technology developed hand in hand with Global Warming? Well, might be a coincidence . . . maybe . . .