Thread: F30 vs E60
View Single Post
      10-22-2023, 12:43 PM   #12
mp3_in
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Hey guys so with the intent to leave my current X to some electrician so they can ***k with it themselves for weeks/months, I decided not to have any possible headaches connected to car ownership.

Today I test drove smocking looking E60 2009 in m body, black exterior white leather saloon, nothing special in options wise,
So I immediately noticed it is much of a downgrade compared to my X with dynamic adaptive suspension/active steering and professional Hifi with cooling comfort seats,
So Im glad BMW is not only marketing when talking about Big X models feel/ride.

I understand is not fair to compare pretty much base e60 to my X but anyway,
E60 has aftermarket mods like sway bars and springs from eibach, is VERY LOW, I don't wanna share photos before I buy it, for now I put initial couple hundreds just to reserve it and actual buy in ~10days,,

1. Steering - in slow maneureus X6 is WAY better
2. Performance - those I6 is only trying and kind of going but they rather trying, my X delivers twice as much feelings of flying (when it was in ideal shape)
3. Handling, during my 20 minute drive I can say e60 handles exactly like my X6 but I did not have a chance to get to 200 obviously... when sharp steering applied it immediately goes where you need it to be, without rolling, pure feelings from the steering is like e46Ci but with a little bit more disconnected feel but you still feel the road good, I have to live with it to get this car right,
Anyway big bonus is Im light again, I can feel that immediately, and I love moon roof, I just like it in e60 or even feel in love, otherwise roof is black.
4. Automatic gearbox is shit compared to my X6, it is very slow in figuring what I need car to do, anyway sport/manual would repair the situation, I don't like gearbox, also, I had some kicks when putting into D and R, I don't get it in my X, I don't know whether is OK for that e60, and is mine first concern, we agreed to have car to dealer before buy so they run every possible check on it, may be is normal for them, in driving it was perfect smooth when going thru gears
5. Engine, when on neutral is kind of NOT rough but not very smooth either, this is second I6 bmw I sat in and I can say when I was sitting in bmw with N55 it was almost like earth quake unpleasant feeling (a lot worser than this), may be they have something wrong with it, anyway we run complete checks on bmw dealer before buy, when accelerating engine is smooth and is not matter whether brief acceleration/steady acceleration, is decent for a daily
6. Comfort: I was SURPRISED how good comfort is eating bumps, etc, being on 19'' M wheels, IM SURPRISED, comfort wise (suspension) is like my X6 WHAT?? Not even having 1'' from arch to wheel - is even lower than my e46ci!! IM SURPRISED bmw bravo, 10/10
7. Brakes - X is a lot better, especially progressive feel as YOU want it, they are exactly the same feel as on e46Ci, on the e60, on the other hand, I don't know whether Im just have to use to it and slam that pedal harder but brakes are not as good, have no initial bite, they are very relaxed altho brakes calipers very big
7. Sex looking, is pure sex, good sound, too much sound for 230hrsprs

Passport:
BMW e60 2009 N52 230HRSPRS RWD, 160K km mileage (~110K miles real), operational engine hours 4200, hot countries package
Appreciate 0