im a car
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 220i M Sport | 520i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Those are two totally different cameras and I'm going to contrast the 6D with the 7D MkII.

The 7D2 is a sports, wildlife and action camera that can also do a good job with landscapes, portraits and travel photography, when paired with the right lenses.

OTOH, the 6D has excellent dynamic range, an okay AF system and will do everything that you need, so long as it's portrait, landscape and travel.

If you want to shoot wildlife, birds and sports, then you need the 7D MkII. It's AF system is the best in all DSLR-land.

The only question about the 7D MkII is its actual sensor performance. I haven't seen any test pictures that really test it at ISO 1600, with low light and high shutter speed. I've ordered one, but this is my main worry and I'll test it vs. my 5D MKII as soon as the 7D2 arrives.

Let us know what you do.

Dave
When I bought my 7D I had more of a focus on sports/moving cars along with still ones; since then I've progressed to have a greater interest in still automotive photography, and with any new camera, the most AF-intense thing would probably be panning or rolling shots of cars; mainly concerned about whether the 6D's AF can cut it for such use, although it won't be a massive issue. Very much interested in the greater image quality that a full frame sensor will provide...

'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | PUR Wheels RS07 19" | KW V1 | MTC Design F2X Kit [CF] | Stage 1 ECU Tune | Eventuri CF Intake | Manhart Race Exhaust/Resonator Delete | ER HFC Downpipe | F8X LCA + TS | M Style Grilles | Gloss Black Roof | Custom Steering Wheel | Autotecknic Competition Shift Paddles [YMB]
Instagram: @icyj95 | FB
Appreciate 0