View Single Post
      04-28-2008, 04:49 AM   #21
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The amps available are as follows....

THA-275 - 2 channel amp that will fit under the glove box (but above the trim that is beneath it so it is hidden) and will drive your front speakers with 75wpc.
The subs are also hooked up to the front channels too, so it will drive the stock subs as well.
Total cost around £180-200 and takes 10 minutes to install a good upgrade.

THA-475 - 4 channel amp with 75wpc.
This will be as above but will also drive the rear speakers, however as it is bigger it needs to go in the boot, so you need the blaupunkt extension cable.
Can't see the point of this one myself.

THA-555 - 5 channel amp with 55wpc and 250w mono sub or 2 x 125w pair of subs.
With this one you can hook it up as above and add a sub in the boot, or, you can hook it up as above but add Earthquake subs under the seat and drive them with the sub channel.
For this you need to run new cables to the subs under the seat.

The plug and play cables are made by Blaupunkt and consist of two parts, the first part is the adapter that plugs into the fatory harness and back into the head unit and the second part is an extension that plugs into the amp, this comes as a 2m or 5.5m verison.

The speakers use the DLS crossover, there is plenty of room in the door card to mount it, I use the factory cable into the crossover and then run new cable to the new driver and tweeter.
You can buy the L7 door surround which has the grille for the factory tweeter and mount it in there for a complete OEM look, however I cut a hole out of the door surround I have with no grille and mounted the tweeter in that using the DLS tweeter mount, this allows me to position the tweeter so it is firing up onto the dash which gives a fantastic spread of sound in front on you.
Mounting the speakers is bead easy, no adapters need to be made etc. Even for someone who has not done this before it is no longer than a 2 hour job taking your time.
Appreciate 0