View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 10:07 AM   #1
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

DCT Clutch Slipping

Ran into some unnerving clutch slippage at the track today. So in order of what happened today:

1. Under WOT there were moments where the clutch would slip in gear, revs would shoot up, I would then reduce throttle slightly and the clutch would re-engage as if nothing happened. This would happen mainly on sustained WOT, so not when I rolled into WOT coming out of corners.

2. At one point later in the day the car was quite hot, on a fast lap the car just popped into neutral instead of up shifting to 5th. It would not go back into gear while rolling, so coasted the car back to the pits in neutral. Once in the pits, the car was shut off and restarted - the engine was misfiring and sounded rough. It was then turned off and started again and everything was back to normal. Car was also low on gas so fuel cut may have been a factor in this instance.

The only major thing that I did prior to this track day was tapping in my AIM solo 2 dl into then CANBUS.

Anyone else encountered this issue on any F8X? Im thinking at the least it’s a transmission flush and adaptation reset or potentially replacing the clutches. The car is only at 28k miles and always been at stock power. It is heavily tracked though (10+ days a year).