View Single Post
      02-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
bmwauug
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
My goals were simple. First priority was to maintain a comfortable ride quality, nearest as possible to stock while retaining the stock run-flat tires. Second, significantly reduce body roll during cornering. Third, get rid of the 4X4 look. I decided to purchase a Dinan stage 2 suspension.

The Dinan stage 2 suspension is offered in a XI/xDrive-specific application that reuses the OEM front struts. It consists of custom-valved Koni adjustable rear shocks, performance springs (front and rear), rear sub-frame bushings, bump stops and a rear sway bar.

To my surprise, the ride quality is an improvement over stock -- no more tooth jarring pot holes that sound like their causing welds to fracture. It handles imperfections in the road surface with grace and remains firmly planted during aggressive turns.

I'm comforted by the fact that this suspension system wasn't available in 2007 when I originally took delivery of my XI. Otherwise, I'd regret not having purchased it day one!

[/IMG]

I just picked up my car from the dealer with the Dinan Stage 2 suspension...I have to agree with the review here. I was suprised by the drop - Dinan claims .5 inch all around, which I thought would not be noticeable, but this does give the car a 335i sport stock look, which I really like (mild drop, nice sportier stance). I was also very suprised on the corners - car stays flat, neutral, which was amplified even more after driving the 335D loaner (non sport). In short, not cheap, but a huge improvment - completes my ride by a mile. Anyone on the fence with the dinan stage 2 suspension - go for it! BMW needs to start selling AWD with sports suspension!

Last edited by bmwauug; 02-04-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0