Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I'll chime in with an optimistic viewpoint: there is a ton of potential left on the table. The Coyote aftermarket is vast, reliable, and really affordable. This car shouldn't have a problem hitting 500 at the crank with full bolt-ons... maybe $5,000 at the most. You've got a great starting platform and a good interior.

The M4 undercuts the S550 GT's curb by a solid 250 lbs and is a whole lot stiffer. Everything about the car is great (save for the noise ). You should have no issue getting the GT in the same realm for $5-10k worth of work, which still makes the thing a huge bargain. And you won't end up with something that has a crap interior after you've brought the performance side of things up to speed.
i always thought using the whole after market thing was a not fair. Sure anycar can be modded. and i agree this mustang is a really good platform. i am just a bit shocked at how slow the new GT is in a straight line from factory.

i mean if the F80 M3 posted the same straight line speeds as the E92 there would be problems.
Fair points I guess. I think it's wholly improved in the areas that needed it most, and the areas that could use improving are an affordable step away (and the easiest to improve upon).

I wasn't bringing up the aftermarket on a competitive basis with the F8X, just trying to emphasize how great of a deal it's going to be for buyers like us.
Appreciate 0