04-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #41
TSXforme
Stock watcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
This ambiguity with "head shots" is analagous to the increased reinforcement of the hooking/interference rules about two to three years ago. Before this rule players like Kevin and Derian Hatcher (slow, big strong dmen) were considered to be all stars. With the way the games have no morphed, these d-men have all left the game because they could not keep up.

My point is...give this "rule 48"/blindside hit a few more years for the players to adapt. Pretty soon you will see the league without these types of head hunting players (Cooke, Torres, Tootoo, etc.).

At the same time...Seabrooke should have known better, but mind you we all have the benefit of seeing the hit many times. Seabrooke should have seen the play develop as the right winger rung the puck around the boards, and he felt the center pressuring him. When the puck is rung around the boards like that Seabrooke should suspect that the other winger should be within the vicinity to get the puck or make contact with him. I played D for most of my formative years and was taught that you should always keep you head up at that area behind the net (aka suicide valley).
Appreciate 0