View Single Post
      05-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Because football teams work all year to have homefield advantage. They earn the right to have it in their stadium. Typically the Superbowl is a neutral site.

I will admit though, one thing you did say made me and a few guys in the office laugh. "Snow will only add to NYC's charm"...I thought the stadium was in New Jersey? It won't be just like any other Superbowl and you must pretty be naive to think so.

NY is a great place to visit and have a mini-vacation at. Not to live.
Stadium is within eye sight of NYC. There are trains which give total access to and from the stadium. Traffic on the roads from NYC to the stadium will most definitely be brutal.

If you think people are going to the superbowl to see jersey city, seacaucus or hoboken, you are sorely mistaken. Believe it or not, NYC is still packed in the winter time with tourists. I am not being naive in thinking it will be like any other super bowl. It will have all the same parties and everyone will be very comfortable indoors. They got away with it in Detroit, and that place is a dump. (no offense to those living in detroit, there just is no comparison between NYC and Detroit) The game will still be sold out and it will be the most watched event of the year. How will it not be like any other Superbowl?
Appreciate 0