View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #121
ArthurKing1220
Private
Rep
Drives: REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline2001 View Post
At damn near $70,000 am I the only one who thinks this car is greatly over priced. Do you know what that type of money can get you in the slightly used car market

I think you're going to be seeing a lot of 435i, especially with xdrive, right at a $60k price point in the U.S. And you're right, you will see some fully optioned 4s approaching $70k, especially if you start adding M-performance options.

Is that too much / over priced? I go back and forth on this and take a "yes and no" approach. Does that seem over the car's fundamental value? Kind of. Before pricing started coming out I--and many other people who I would chat with about this--sort of expected the 435 to be a car that would be comfortably in the 50s, fully loaded. BMW obviously had different thoughts.

On the other hand, I think BMW is really intelligent and knows their niches well and is aware that they can get away with this. Example of this "knowing your niche": you want a sporty coupe, with all-wheel-drive, and a stick. What are your options? You have the 435i, you have the S5, and ... next stop is Carrera territory. So, when you think that way, all of a sudden, the BMW looks "just right" -- in the same range as the S5 and you tell yourself, "hell, I'm saving $30k versus going out and buying a Carrera 4."
Appreciate 0