Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivaar View Post
Pilot Sport A/S 3
  • I downgraded to the A/S 3 because it basically performance the same as the old PS2, Pole Position S-04, etc... so it's really the equivalent of a "pre-PSS" Max Performance tire in many ways...
  • But it's also quieter, less harsh on bumps, has much longer treadlife, and can handle heavy rain and even light snow (though NOT heavy snow)
  • The snow issue is the trick with this tire... basically is a little bit sketchily advertised as an all-season. In the A/S 3 reviews on the web, you'll notice that Michelin didn't show any results on snow.
  • This seems like the no-brainer tire for anyone who wants great (but not peak) performance while balancing other qualities, as long as snow performance is not really needed.
  • I was initially worried whether the A/S 3 could handle the torque of 1st gear (stock) -- it can, with no slip.
  • The other benefit I noticed with the A/S 3 is that you get less feedback from lousy road surfaces... feedback is great on perfect roads, but if you live in a city with broken/bumpy/uneven roads, it's really nice not to get all that info back, IMHO!
I agree 100%

The tires are excellent on wet and dry roads - at any temperature. They really feel like summer tires in terms of grip, feedback and steering response.
In very light snow/slush, I was surprised at how good the tires were - but in a couple inches of snow, I was shocked at how bad the tires were!

Last edited by DVC; 12-20-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0