11-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #74
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Most people who are upset aren't resorting to violence. Its .00001 percent of people who are. Almost every black person is concerned and wonders what this means for their sons and grandchildren, yet almost no one is "resorting to violance". The fact that our kids are being killed by police for playing with a toy gun and we keep getting killed is alarming and speaks to the broader issue of why?

While I'm no fan of Sharpton, no one is, except the media and himself ; it's only now that MLK is seen as a figure of accomplishment. He went many years where people ridiculed him also.
My post was in response to person who was advocating riots and when I mentioned MLK disagreed with him that riots were an acceptable for of disagreement, he asked why.

While people disagreed with MLK in his time, I'd disagree that he's only seen as a figure of accomplishment as of recent. Besides the obvious fact that he's been recognized as such in text books for decades, MLK day is also 30+ years old. I don't think recognition of MLK's accomplishments are a recent trend.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0