12-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry View Post
That's basically the exact same thing I've been thinking about, but was informed that we are really approaching the limits of what we can safely get out of pump gas with stock compression safely. Maybe a set of lower compression pistons to reduce the chance of knocking and then keep adding fuel?
Ok now I think we are getting somewhere. Ok so I'll put out my ideas here and let’s see if we can narrow down what we should swap in instead.

Bottom End:
From what I understand with even inadequate oiling on some engines do to failures we have yet to see a thrown rod due to suspected failure of crank/rods/wrist pin. If this is the case maybe a piston swap max and rods if necessary to do that until I pop something. This is the expensive way to test power levels of components but I don't see the point of upgrading something until we find it's weak point. Dry sump oil system with reservoir and large cooler.

Top End:
Valve job, port matching,

Charge Air:
custom intake with secondary injectors and vband flanges. Full core FMIC with secondary air/water cooler. BOV's and e-boost 2 from turbo smart or equivalents.

Turbos:
Sequential turbo setup. Running a stock/RB size turbo for low rpm and Large turbo for high rpm. Use a cutout valve to isolate large turbo and help spooling time and lag.

Engine Management/Monitoring:
Possibly run stock ecu with flash and piggyback if I can find some way of integration with whatever I use for secondary fueling and wideband monitoring. Otherwise standalone. Currently rigging up a prototype system to run monitoring in car. If I can then merge this with a secondary system for egt/wideband.
09 135I M (VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car. 1) Install Cobb/piggyback? and Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) JRZ or Moton suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system
Appreciate 0