Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarphil View Post
I drove the auto at the dealer for a demo, and it's really nicely done, and for me that's high praise. However, the auto really seems to shine at either generating numbers, or for those people who would rather tune out during their commute while they drink their coffee or talk on their phone (or both).

Me, when I go somewhere I want to DRIVE, not commute. Yeah, the 6sp might be a tick slower 0-60, but it's a heck of a lot more engaging and fun to drive. I'm firmly in the "save the manuals" camp with just about everything I've ever owned having three pedals, but this car has the best combination of clutch, pedals and linkages that I've ever had the pleasure to experience. Plus, when you hit that downshift just right with a sweet blip of the throttle, it's a nice reward for a job well done that'll put a smile on your face far better than launch control will ever do.

As for the LSD, yeah it's stupid expensive and probably not justified for most folks and for anything that won't get you arrested on public roads. However, I'm saving my shekels so I can put one in next year. My wife will never understand why, but 'cause limited slip differential.
Me I needed an Auto so my Fiance could use it when i want to take the truck out of town camping, to the farm, etc.

IMO all the cars have so many assists these days that the analogue experience is fairly lost. Now there is only more and more performance.

I would like to get a lotus Elise with a manual one day or something similar. Purely Analogue.

Overall my opinion is DCT>Manual>Automatic but i own the ZF8 lol. Things are never simple.
Appreciate 0