10-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #59
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
It would be good to see someone set a precedence with this, totally unacceptable IMO
Must be so frustrating and I agree with Creepy Coupe - it's just totally unacceptable.

I've checked my rims (Nov 07 build for the car - not sure about the wheels) and thankfully they don't appear to be suffering at the moment (but I've now moved to non RFT's to help prevent any probs, so who knows what will happen if mine crack as well).

It seems incredible to me that BMW would continue to blame other factors when the evidence for manufacturing defects is so great. Baffling as well, as the wheel manufacturer would be the one to cover the cost of replacement.

Could the other people who have suffered fractures confirm the build date of their wheels - as this might help to tie things down to a batch of production.

Keep at 'em Crackerjack

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0