View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
lux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2011 E90 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator328i View Post
I'm sure people do it, but I know of no one personally who uses an M car as a daily driver do-everything-in it vehicle. Everyone I know who has an M car, whether M3, M5, or M6, uses it as a second or even third vehicle. An M5 is an $80-90k car and to put car seats in it so junior can spill his kool-aid all over the backseat, draw a picture with his crayons on the arm rest, and spit crumbs all over the floorboards is the height of insanity. Anyone who does that doesn't DESERVE an M-car.

You put kids in a minivan or an SUV because you expect them to get torn up and trashed. If you're married with children, as I indicated, an M-car is fine for a date out with the wife, a romantic getaway with her, using for business, or just to use as your own four-wheeled personal therapist.

Owning an M5, or any M car for that matter, carries with it the responsibility to respect the vehicle for its uniqueness and rich heritage. You do that by utilizing the car for the appropriate purposes.
I don't think I'm alone in daily driving my M, including grocery runs, commuting to work, and even picking up kids from school. This is the main reason I got the M versus a Porsche--everyday practicality mixed with a race car engine and dynamics. It may not be the fastest sports car nor the most luxury sedan but it is one of the best balanced cars on the road.
Appreciate 0