View Single Post
      04-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

In my previous 335 it was received via radio signal. In my wife's Audi, it's through Sirius XM (and requires a subscription to be active - bogus). I wondered the same thing, and the manual really didn't clear it up for me... in fact, it made it sound as if there were two distinct types of traffic data that could be received... made me wonder if both (radio and XM) were supported.

Right now I have Sirius active. I'd be curious to know the answer to this question, too, since I may or may not continue the subscription after the 1 year free trial is over. We found out the hard way with my wife's Audi - after canceling her Sirius subscription, the traffic disappeared! Considering BMW used radio signals for this in the past, my gut is that it works the same now (at least in part) on the F10.
Appreciate 0