View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #67
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Back to the build.

With the Clubsports installed and the Brembos on and bled, it was time to mount the wheels.

The front offset is aggressive.

Camber by JMEllis, on Flickr

Luckily the Clubsport camber plates have a good amount of adjustment. This was with the camber plates set at about half the max front camber possible.

Side by JMEllis, on Flickr

With the wheels on, the car is starting to come into focus.

Camber Plate by JMEllis, on Flickr

Fitment with the max front camber possible with the clubsports. There is some room to reduce the camber but I was playing it safe at first.

Green Wheel Camber by JMEllis, on Flickrr

Okay, my driving impressions with the Clubsports. I set them up according to the instructions. Rebound and Bump were set in accordance with factory recommendations and they are set about an inch(ish) from full drop.

I am blown away by the everday drivability of these coilovers. Having had Bilstein Damptronics and Moton Clubsports on my 997S, the KWs are amazing. The Motons I had were arguably set up for a more track biased setup and my spring weights supported that. So comparing the KW Clubsports to the Moton Clubsports is probably not fair. What I will say is that KW did a good job setting up the Clubsports for street/track use. I could not be happier with the KWs.

The real advantage of the big Brembos will not be felt until I can get on the track. For everyday they feel about the same as stock which is what I would expect. I am looking forward to feeling them after 20min on the track!

More to come!
Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 11-29-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0