View Single Post
      11-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #69
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I'm not convinced the M5 is losing. The press says its losing, but I think the sales numbers would show it's outselling the other cars which means its winning.

Market can't be wrong, but media can be wrong.
And the Big Mac is the best beef because it outsells the competition.

When objective, professional critics are asked to drive and report their experiences and there is a great deal of agreement upon these reports, I tend to give some weight to their opinion. The M5 has been lambasted, BMW is getting skewered and is certainly "on the outs" with lots of auto journalists, after decades of being the darling of said journalists.

Matters are certainly exacerbated when BMW's own representative on this forum has repeatedly stated that BMW's focus is shifting to what its consumers want. And what consumers want today is not the same thing that E39 M5, E46 M3, etc consumers wanted back in yesteryear.

The fact remains that the M3/M4 are most likely to STILL be the most fun daily drivers, but the competition has improved leaps and bounds in just the past 5 years and BMW has stagnated and become much concerned about efficiency than Nurburgring lap times.
Appreciate 0