View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #18
Boricua
Rep
Drives: 330ci Performance

Going vinyl anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcli View Post
There aren't OEM hood holes - that's what I've been saying all along. Here are pictures that clearly show that the OEM roundel does not have posts and does not insert into the hood. There aren't indentations & grommets in the hood, nor are there post sticking out of the hood or the roundel. The hood is flat with a small circle just larger than the roundel itself. The roundel is attached via adhesive (which I've removed from the OEM version). Btw, the OEM roundel is plastic.

Those three small round rubber pieces you see on the back of the roundel? Spacers. That's all they do. They don't attach to anything, nothing inserts into them. They are rubber spacers and that's it.

* you can see some adhesive I missed removing, at the 8 o'clock position.
My mistake on the hood holes, I didn't read properly your post and I assumed it was the same as other models... I went with the vinyl anyway because I like the raised texture of the OEM roundel and it is much less invasive to just lay on the label. We'll see if the applied sticker impresses me in terms of aesthetics. If not I can always replace the roundels later on. I ordered from Bimmian and they shipped very fast and they are quite responsive.
Appreciate 0