View Single Post
      04-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
JR956678
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkerosxx View Post
They were going to create a ticket, but it was expected to take two weeks to complete. It takes two weeks to add an e-mail address? Wow. It's now been a month since I bought my car and this is still broken.
Your experience sounds much like mine. But I ended up calling the BMW Assist line (888-333-6118) on my phone instead of from the car and spoke directly to someone who put my email address in immediately. She advised it could take 2 to 24 hours before the app would work but it actually started working within about 12 hours. In my case I was adding a vehicle to my existing Assist account which is why they couldn't do it when I called from the car - the email address was already in use.

Also for others who may encounter the same issue - the version of Firefox released in late March broke the "Send to Car" function in Firefox - but it does work in Chrome and I've read also in IE. I blamed BMW and then Google for changing something when it was Firefox that made the change that broke the feature.
Appreciate 0